The California World Language Academy features a progressive structure allowing for flexibility teachers and students regardless of ability level. Courses, classes and activities will all learners in mind, with students placed in classes based on ability level and placed on pathway for fluency in the chosen language.
- Allows students to learn the fundamentals of their chosen language, while completing projects and activities that connect to learning in all core content areas.
- Utilizes a project based approach to learning activities that provide instant feedback to learners.
- Emphasizes vocabulary building, as well as the development and refinement of reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills to improve student learning
- Provides students with the ability to obtain fluency in their language of choice
- Aligns with the California and Common Core Standards and provides advance placement (AP) options for students seeking college credit.
- Students select and learn the language of their choice and work towards proficiency
For a full list of learning and language options, please review our catalog for course offerings.