AP Exams are rigorous, multiple-component tests that are administered at high schools each May. High school students can earn college credit, placement, or both for qualifying AP Exam scores. Each AP Exam has a corresponding AP course and provides a standardized measure of what students have learned in the AP classroom. In May 2014, more than 2.3 million high school students at over 19,000 schools worldwide took AP Exams.
The majority of U.S. high schools currently participate in the AP Program, and most four-year U.S. colleges and universities grant credit and/or advanced placement for qualifying AP Exam scores. For each curious and motivated student at California Prep, there's bound to be an AP course that matches their unique interests. California Prep offers a wide variety of AP classes, including art, computer science, world languages, government and politics, and many more. AP Exams are an essential part of the AP course experience, and help students.
- Stand out in the admission process
- Earn academic scholarships and awards from colleges and universities
- Experience college-level academics now, while they're still in high school
- Save time and money once they get to college, providing them with more study options and allowing them to move directly into upper-level courses in their field of interest
- Earn AP Scholar Awards, an academic distinction granted each September by the College Board to students with exemplary AP Exam scores
For more information on California Prep’s AP program or to enroll in an AP class, please contact your Principal for additional information.