Our school has initiated a campaign to offer support to students throughout Southeast TX who are suffering with loss and the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. School opening is delayed at least a week - probably longer.
We can do little things that can make a BIG
impact on a fellow student. Sign up
and join us!
If you want to join forces with other classmates, here's what we are doing through the month of September.
1) Secure a clean pillow case, backpack or satchel.
2) Fill it with school supplies and comfort items appropriate for your grade level. The Houston Independent School district does recommend these items:
- Hand sanitizer
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Other hygiene items
- Professional dress for impacted staff
3) If your pillow case or satchel does not close, use yarn, rope or string to secure it.
4) Write a note of concern, care and support to a student and insert it in your bag.
5) Tie a note on the outside with the grade level of the student who would most benefit from your package (for instance, a 10th grader would not be able to use or enjoy a 2nd graders items).
6) Take your package to an upcoming September MeetUp or deliver it to our school office. Sign up.
We have partnered with the Houston Independent School District and will mail our packages to their office for distribution.
Have questions? Contact Mary Clare Coyle at email@example.com