Certainly, the STEAM curriculum of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics are fundamental knowledge and skills for this century, yet in many ways, 21st Century Skills include the personal skills to adjust to an ever-changing world where the internal ability to think and adapt is so valuable.
Tony Wagner outlines in his book "The Global Achievement Gap" several keys to 21st Century Learning:
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Collaboration across Networks and Leading by Influence
- Agility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Entrepreneurialism
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Accessing and Analyzing Information
- Curiosity and Imagination
Working in an online setting reinforces individual initiative, adaptability, analyzing information, personal curiosity, problem solving, and collaboration with others across networks. It is important to be a self-starter as a California Prep Academy student. We welcome all students who desire the flexibility to lead their own learning and work in an online setting.